On a foundation of sustainability, Sarasota University students will…
1. Obtain focused and comprehensive knowledge in a specific field through a blend of online and campus-based experiences in a learner-centered, caring community committed to their high academic achievement.
2. Participate in a demanding and challenging curriculum of practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding that helps develop the wisdom and social consciousness to sustain our complex and diverse civilization.
3. Be prepared to use creative and critical thinking skills and decision-making and solutions-oriented problem-solving skills to contribute to their professions.
4. Use Strengths-based Theory, Positive Psychology, and Invitational Theory to increase their personal and professional power.
5. Make a difference in the lives of others (a) through their active engagement in the classroom and in the community (b) by their involvement in schools and organizations, (c) by planning and leading action research, (d) by demonstrating a commitment to social justice, and (e) by helping to create an environment of respect in their online and campus-based classroom experiences.
Sarasota University will be known as a high performance institution of higher education built on individual talents, where students develop the skills and knowledge and display the ethical standards valued by society.
An academic community where everyone is responsible for creating a positive environment in which competence, caring, and a passion for learning and for using that learning to improve the lives of others is valued.
A rigorous, relevant, realistic, and affordable education that is technologically innovative, yet responsive to the life demands of our students.
An active community of learners where engagement in thoughtful analysis and intellectual honesty are the norm, and where the tools of critical thinking result in reflective practice.